Home | Prayers | Poems | Thoughts | Quotes | Puzzles | RSS Feeds

Don't Cry, My Child


Don’t cry, my child, the night is over,
And all the shadows fade away.
Lift up your face, my weary rover,
There’s no more need for you to stray.

Once you were lost in a dark forest,
With the cold tombstones of the dead.
You had no friends to share your sadness,
You had no place to lay your head.

The weight of life was overwhelming
And so was the pain in your heart...
Your only treasure was the longing
That secretly tore you apart.

Your dreams were more than you could handle,
As in your dreams the demons came.
With nothing but a smoking candle,
Your nights were more or less the same.

But then I called you from the distance.
You heard my voice, my silent cry.
I made you question your existence
And raise your eyes towards the sky.

I put you on the highest mountain,
Where fir trees shine covered in snow.
I turned your heart into a fountain
Where living waters ever flow.

From now on, you can face tomorrow
With a new light shining inside.
As I will take away your sorrow
And keep you always by my side.

No comments:

DOWNLOAD Optimism, by Helen Keller - free inspirational eBook
Suggest a Prayer Theme
Name*
Topic*
Additional Comments
 

A blog dedicated to prayer. An island of faith, warmth and comfort in a tormented world. Blogarama - The Blog Directory Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Top Blogs; Religion blogs Link With Us - Web Directory British Blog Directory. Christianity Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
Blog Flux Directory | Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog | AddMe - Search Engine Optimization | All-Blogs.net directory | Blog Directory