Home | Prayers | Poems | Thoughts | Quotes | Puzzles | RSS Feeds

Prayer in time of Depression, Doubts and Confusion


Father God, in this world of conflict and confusion, my mind is torn apart by questions and doubts that steal my sleep at night and rob me of my peace during the day. But you are my light, the One who lights my flickering candle and keeps it burning. You know all the darkest corners of my soul, the things I try to hide even from myself, and you love me as I am. The stench of my sins did not drive you away from me, but you filled my heart with a strong desire to be healed and a deep longing for you. 

That's why I come before you today and I pray with all my heart: show me the way out of this labyrinth, don't let go of my hand, so that even if I walk through a dark tunnel, I can still feel the warm touch of your hand guiding me. You are the light that gave light to my eyes, the love that gave love to my soul. In you I lack nothing, in you nothing can harm me, in you my victory is complete. Bring me to you and keep me by your heart.

Father, I know I am weak. My weakness is my pain and my torment. I can feel it every day, it's like a poison coming from inside and I am so weary of fighting it. But I am yours and that is my only consolation, the thought that gives me rest and strength to carry on. I am yours and to you I pray: Father, take care of what is yours. Take this burden off my shoulders, don't let me carry it alone.

I have put my soul in your hands, keep it safe. Release me from the grip of my own mind, protect me from my own destructive thoughts. I cannot do it without your help. You have walked this way of thorns yourself and you have carried the cross until the end. Help me do the same and never forsake me. You alone know what lies ahead. Remain in me, so that I can overcome the world and taste the joy you have prepared for your beloved.

In the name of our beloved Jesus Christ.

AMEN

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

prothanks for this wonderful prayer line.May the will of God be done in our lives..Amen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this amazing prayer! I will read it as often as I can. I saved the prayer on my bookmarks. Once again thank you and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Thank you

Anonymous said...

Wow just wow

Superbidet said...

This is God talking

Superbidet said...

Ask God to guide you. He will....

Anonymous said...

Thank you i really needed this prayer

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I will try to make this my daily prayer through out the day.

markagustin said...

A very very powerful and hopeful prayer. Thank you for posting this prayer. It lifted my soul.

Unknown said...

That is a very good prayer, TY

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful prayer! Ty

Unknown said...

This prayer spoke to me in so many ways. Thank you for posting this. I will try to make this my daily prayer.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your prayers. God is so great! I love you Heavenly Father, My God and Saviour.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your prayers. God is so great. Thank you Heavenly Father, my God and Saviour, for all you do for me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much and AMEN

Anonymous said...

When there is doubt and uncertainty, prayers like this bring back the faith. Thank you my God for loving me and guiding me. Amen

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

Thank you, May GOD BLESS YOU!!

Unknown said...

Thank you lord.

Unknown said...

Thank you lord.

tyris said...

Thank you Jesus!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness! I really needed this.

Unknown said...

I needed this do much right now. Thank you so much and God bless!

rxchiscorner.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the beautiful and consoling preyer. It is powerful.

Alicia said...

Thank you Lord Jesus.amen

Magical mom said...

Thank you lord Jesus Amen!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this well written prayer. It touched my heart. It applies to everyone no matter what time ans age.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful prayer...I'm going through so much turmoil in my life right now and it's the only thing that gave me comfort.

Unknown said...

This is amazing, just what I need to hear. Am so torn

Anonymous said...

This is just the prayer I needed..thank you

DOWNLOAD Optimism, by Helen Keller - free inspirational eBook
Suggest a Prayer Theme
Name*
Topic*
Additional Comments
 

A blog dedicated to prayer. An island of faith, warmth and comfort in a tormented world. Blogarama - The Blog Directory Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Top Blogs; Religion blogs Link With Us - Web Directory British Blog Directory. Christianity Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
Blog Flux Directory | Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog | AddMe - Search Engine Optimization | All-Blogs.net directory | Blog Directory