Home | Prayers | Poems | Thoughts | Quotes | Puzzles | RSS Feeds

Short Prayers for the Sick



These short prayers for the sick are taken from the collection Little Folded Hands. Although it was initially designed for children, this collection contains many prayers that can be used by grown ups, too. After all, we are all God's children and we talk to Him like we would talk to a loving father. 


The prayers in this book were written in old English, so I took the liberty to make little adaptions or replace some old terms with their modern version.

I hope you'll find these simple and heartfelt prayers useful and that they will comfort you and your loved ones in times of sickness and trials. 

O God, from whom all blessings flow,
I lift my heart to Thee;
In all my sorrows, conflicts, woes,
Dear Lord, remember me. Amen.

*****

Dear Father, Your child is sick. Look upon me in tender mercy, and if it is Your will, raise me up and grant me health and strength. Amen. 

*****

Heavenly Father, it has pleased You to visit me with sickness, I know that You are too kind and good to send me anything but for my blessing. Help me to bear my illness and grant that I may soon recover, through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen.

*****

Lord, gracious God, I cry to You,
Still bless me with Your favor,
Forgive my sins, and let me live,
Your child remain forever.

You have redeemed me with Your blood,
You are my only Trust and God
In every need, my Savior. Amen.

***** 

Lord Jesus Christ, my best Physician, I come to You in my sickness. I pray You to look upon me in tender mercy. Send Your guardian angel to watch over me and soon make me well. Amen.

*****

Lord Jesus, look down from heaven upon my loved one (name) and soon make her (him) well again. For You can do all things; hear my prayer! Amen.

*****

Other refuge I have none;
My helpless soul hangs on Thee:
Please never leave me alone,
But support and comfort me.
All my trust on You is stayed,
All my help from You I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing! Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Old is gold prayers of Eliza is Stand's before king to speak no fear we have to asks this kinds of Power to standing before World.

DOWNLOAD Optimism, by Helen Keller - free inspirational eBook
Suggest a Prayer Theme
Name*
Topic*
Additional Comments
 

A blog dedicated to prayer. An island of faith, warmth and comfort in a tormented world. Blogarama - The Blog Directory Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Top Blogs; Religion blogs Link With Us - Web Directory British Blog Directory. Christianity Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
Blog Flux Directory | Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog | AddMe - Search Engine Optimization | All-Blogs.net directory | Blog Directory