Home | Prayers | Poems | Thoughts | Quotes | Puzzles | RSS Feeds

Prayer for Overcoming Temptations


Lord God, you know the temptations I'm facing. You know how they weaken my will, distress my heart and wound my conscience. For my temptations make me so painfully aware of my own weakness that sometimes I find it difficult even to come before you in prayer, knowing how unworthy I am of your goodness.

But you are a God of love and forgiveness, a God of strength and hope, and our faith in you is our rock in times of trials. That's why I lift my eyes to you and I pray with David: "From the end of the earth will I cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

Though the waves of temptation threaten to overwhelm me, bear with me, faithful God, strengthen my heart and sharpen my will until the storm passes and the sea is calm again. And even if I stumble on the way, do not let me fall, but stay by my side until all my stumbling blocks are torn to pieces and I can find peace in my soul again.

Just like you were with your son Jesus in the wilderness, be with me in this trial and use this temptation for my growth. You have the power to turn even evil into good. It's not in my own strength, but in yours I trust, my Lord. This is your battle, not mine. Fight it for me and let me rejoice in your victory.

AMEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent

DOWNLOAD Optimism, by Helen Keller - free inspirational eBook
Suggest a Prayer Theme
Name*
Topic*
Additional Comments
 

A blog dedicated to prayer. An island of faith, warmth and comfort in a tormented world. Blogarama - The Blog Directory Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Top Blogs; Religion blogs Link With Us - Web Directory British Blog Directory. Christianity Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
Blog Flux Directory | Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog | AddMe - Search Engine Optimization | All-Blogs.net directory | Blog Directory