Home | Prayers | Poems | Thoughts | Quotes | Puzzles | RSS Feeds

An Exercise for the Imagination


www.christianphotos.net

The clock on the wall indicated a few minutes to eight PM. In a second floor apartment of a block, in a provincial town, a 16 year old girl was writing in her diary:
“I am the last creature on Earth. A pathetic animal who can’t find its place in this world. I’m fed up with living in fear. Fear. Always fear. With every step I take. With every breath of air I take. A life based on fear, from A to Z. I’m scared that my mother will die and I’ll be left alone in this world. I’m scared that men will break my heart. I’m scared that no one will love me for what I am. I’m scared that I’ll grow old and sere like a flower without water. I’m scared of the monotony of life. Of the agony of death. Of the life after death. And so on and so forth. I’ve got to stop this. And the only way I can stop the fear of death is by facing it.”

At the same time, at the other side of the world, in the corner of an old country side a spider was weaving his web. The light filtered through the blinds made the small particles of dust become visible in certain areas, like a rain of twinkling stars. The young man looked at them with a strange smile and thought of the Himalayan snows and of the Milky Way.

“My God”, he said, staring through the blinds at the clear summer sky. “I know I’m not worthy to ask for a miracle, but today, the 25th of July, 2005, at…” – he looked at his watch – “7:56 AM, I, your humble servant, am asking you, the eternal father of all things, to make a miracle, to save a life, to pull a soul out of the claws of death and despair.”

A few days later the young girl wrote a good bye letter to her parents and went to drown herself into the sea. As she approached the shore, she saw something coming towards her on the clear surface of the water. She came closer. It was a bottle. A bottle with a message in it. She got it, opened it and read the message. Then she folded it well, put it back in the bottle and launched it on the water again. She went home and never thought about committing suicide again.

The question is: What do you think the message was?


No comments:

DOWNLOAD Optimism, by Helen Keller - free inspirational eBook
Suggest a Prayer Theme
Name*
Topic*
Additional Comments
 

A blog dedicated to prayer. An island of faith, warmth and comfort in a tormented world. Blogarama - The Blog Directory Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Top Blogs; Religion blogs Link With Us - Web Directory British Blog Directory. Christianity Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
Blog Flux Directory | Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog | AddMe - Search Engine Optimization | All-Blogs.net directory | Blog Directory